What better way to wake up than with a big stack of these Red Velvet Pancakes with Orange Cream Cheese Sauce ? Whether for a holiday or a special treat or Valentines day these red velvet pancakes are light and fluffy and quick to whip up.Totally vegan and gluten free
For those of you that have been with me for awhile, you know that I’ve got a little pancake obsession.
Unfortunately, with the stage of life we are in right now, things are a bit more unpredictable, and planning hasn’t been the strongest idea lately. But I couldn’t let these pretty special treats go by without posting. We really need this vegan, gluten free, red velvet recipe this year.
I can’t even remember how many rounds of testing I did for these pancakes, but it was a lot. But now that means that you all get the most perfect light and fluffy red velvet pancakes ever. And did I mention they are vegan and gluten-free with no food colouring.
Don’t they just have Christmas written all over them? With such a vibrant and beautiful red there’s not really a more fitting or festive breakfast to serve upon special mornings.
These are such a breeze to whip up. No offense to any of you that only use pancake mix, but I still don’t understand the whole pancake mix thing. It may take 1 minute longer to make them from scratch versus a pancake mix.
And once you do make that switch from pancake mix to made from scratch you’ll have a hard time going back. Not to mention, when you make pancakes from scratch the possibilities are endless! It’s so much fun to create and eat so many different flavors of pancakes.
Make ahead breakfast or dessert
Ready under 30 minutes
Easily made from pantry staples
Now the Orange cream cheese sauce is no ordinary vegan swap.Its creamy ,incredibly flavourful and makes this cream sauce finger licking good with these pancakes. The sauce easily whips up quickly in a blender; the presence of orange compliments the pancake in more than one way.
Bright red pancakes with Orange cream sauce is a perfect way to start your day.
These are definitely going to be up there on the top of my pancake favorites not only because of their delicious combination of flavors but also for their stunning beauty. I love pretty food. I also love dessert for breakfast =).
Glutenfree Red Velvet Pancakes with Vegan Cream Cheese frosting , a decadent and incredibly delicious dessert for breakfast. Perfect fit for a celebration and secretly healthy!
Vegan Red Velvet Pancake in Orange Cream Sauce
- 1 cup powdered oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 11/2 cup milk of choice
- ⅓ cup boiled
- beetroot puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Oil /coconut oil for cooking
Orange Cream Sauce
- ½ cup cashews
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 teaspoon maple Syrup
- Heat a cast-iron skillet.
- Mix the dry in wet ingredients. Adjust the consistency to make it pourable.
- Keep aside for 20-30 minutes for the flours to bloom.
- Apply butter/oil to the pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter in the middle of the pan or make 3 4’’pancakes of smaller size.
- Cook briefly till bubbles appear and flip and cook.
- The first pancake is a little tricky but you get the hang of it once you have made one or two.
- Cook till all the batter is used up.
- Serve pancakes with Orange sauce.
Method (Orange Cream cheese sauce)
- Soak the cashews in hot water for a couple of hours for them to bloom or better still soak overnight.Drain.
- In a high speed blender add the soaked cashews ,orange juice,maple syrup and salt .Give it a quick blend till smooth.top it with orange zest and serve with pancakes.
- Work at medium heat.
- Grease the pan well with oil.
- Do not add more liquid than recommended. Make pancakes not bigger than 5” – 6 ”
- Top it with the recommended sauce and chocolate
- Or Top with extra honey/maple if needed.