What would a pancake taste like which is Vegan and Gluten free?
Well, absolutely DELICIOUS!!.
Let me share with you a Delicious and Healthy recipe for wholesome Pancakes. It’s made without any milk or eggs, is purely gluten free, and you DESERVE it!
Is Vegan and Gluten Free food only for people with health conditions?
Not any more .
These pancakes are so Nutritious and made with natural and easily available ingredients that you would not guess they don’t have Eggs or Flour.
Vegan and Gluten Free pancake recipes should not be complicated.
Its Ok if they don’t have a definite shape or a bit wonky here and there . Pancakes need to be Soft and Delicious in my world.That’s it!
Load it up with toppings and its sheer bliss!!
Let me help you to start your day with the Best and Softest Pancake Ever!!
Keep it simple with the ingredients
- Gluten Free Flours (not store bought blends )
- Brown/Coconut Sugar
- Baking powder
- Milk of choice
- Coconut Oil and
- Rising agent
How Easy is that ?
It’s all about the TOPPING!!
For the Topping we could of course settle for Maple syrup but why not explore some more options!!
Maple syrup :The classic
Mix berry Jam :Colourful and can be made homemade with very low sugar.
Fresh Fruit ;Bananas coins,berries adds an extra dose of goodness.
Peanut butter: Infect any Vegan butter like cashew/almond and peanut make it rich and so decadent.
Cinnamon Sugar:Infuse some cinnamon in sugar and sprinkle on the top to make it slightly sweet and sparkly.
Toasted Nuts:Walnuts,almond ,pecan toasted and slightly crushed .
Candied Nuts;Toast nuts ,add brown sugar,mix,bake,cool and crush.Sheer luxury.
Homemade Vegan Ice Cream: Save this topping for weekends if you’re feeling generous!
Orange cream cheese sauce-Is a silky sauce which mimics cream cheese.It has an added dose of orange juice and zest which compliments the softness of the pancake and is Vegan too.
Now go ahead and make your Mornings even more Special!!
Eggless (Vegan) Almond Pancake in Orange Sauce
- 1 cup powdered buckwheat
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 11/2 cup milk of choice
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Oil /coconut oil for cooking
- Vegan Orange Cream Sauce
- ½ cup cashew soaked overnight
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Orange Zest
- Heat a cast-iron skillet.
- Mix the dry in wet ingredients. Adjust the consistency to make it pourable.
- Apply butter to the pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter in the middle of the pan and swirl the pan to spread the batter.
- Cook briefly till bubbles appear and flip and cook.
- The first crepe is a little tricky but you get the hang of it once you have made one or two.
- Cook till all the batter is used up.
Vegan Cashew Cream Sauce
- In a high-speed blender blend the soaked cashew in the orange juice and honey.
- Add some orange zest to the prepared sauce.
- Work at medium heat.
- Grease the pan well with oil .
- Soak Cashew for 1-2 hours in warm water to speed the process of soaking.
- Do not add more liquid than recommended. Make pancakes not bigger than 5” – 6 ”
- Top it with the recommended sauce and chocolate
- Or Top with extra honey/maple if needed.