We bring to you the best of both worlds.
Potatoes and Pizza! Too good to be true but it’s real.
Potato rosti pizza sounds a bit odd, until you try it.
I am forever in a quest for gluten-free recipes for the blog and this combination is a keeper. I mean would say a ‘No’ to a pizza made in a pan, can be made quicker than proofing of a yeasty dough and tastes Absolutely delicious.
I wondered what took me so long to discover this great idea for pizza, and why isn’t it more well known as the cauliflower crust cousin?
A soft, almost goopy dough, is neither rolled or even tossed in the air like some sort of a juggler, but pressed, nudged and patted with oiled or floured fingertips translucently thin into a pizza pan.
Here for this pizza ,potatoes have been grated and drained off with excess moisture,lightly mixed with flours just enough to coat the thin potato shreds.
Patted on the cast iron skillet while gathering all fine shreds and bringing it together.
The crust is chewy and crisp and the most buried layers of potato shred become soft while the ones on top crisps, brown and crusty like potato rosti.
And yes, that means you can tell everyone you’re eating a ‘hash brown pizza’ for dinner and watch the pangs of envy spread across their face.
Potato Rosti Style Pizza
- 350 grams potatoes
- 4 teaspoons of gram flour or chickpea flour
- 2-3 tablespoons of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Marinara sauce organic preferred
- 2 tablespoons Mozzarella cheese
- Chopped olives and Basil Pesto
- Preheat an 8’’cast iron pan on the stove at the lowest heat while you prepare the base.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade.
- Wash and grate potatoes with a fine grater on a tea towel.
- Collect the potatoes in the tea towel and squeeze out the extra juice. This step is important.
- Empty the dry potatoes in another bowl and add chickpea flour and almond flour and mix lightly with your hands till everything is well coated.
- Grease the pan with oil/butter generously.
- Empty the grated potato on the warm skillet and spread it well. Press lightly.
- Cook each side for 15 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Flip it over and cook the other side.
- Once both the sides are cooked apply the marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 10 -15 minutes till the cheese melts.
- Once done remove from heat and serve warm.