This Ghotala dish is Real.No scam.
Delicious Breakfast made with eggs .Anda Ghotala Recipe for the rescue today.
‘Ghotala’ in Hindi means a scam and this dish can be made at home without much fuss.
This popular street food gets its dubious name ‘Ghotala’ from the street vendors of Surat. It slowly made its way to Mumbai became a sensation again.
Anda Ghotala is basically, chunks of eggs mixed in bhaji (of pav bhaji), finished off with a fried/scrambled egg. So the real ‘ghotala’ (trick) here is just a simple addition of egg, and guess what? It makes for the yummiest ‘scam’ ever. The egg gives this recipe a wholesome, protein-packed quality and adds a delicious bulk
Is The Hype Real?
Packed with Protein -Eggs are a great source of proteins which forms the base of this recipe.
From Pantry Ingredients – No useless exercise to run to the supermarket as the ingredients are mostly from kitchen staples.
Make Ahead- This recipe can be made beforehand by prepping the makhani sauce a day or two in advance.
Curry In a Hurry -The flavours are of a curry but can be made in a jiffy and taste absolutely delicious.
Vegan- Use Tofu for this recipe if you are a vegan.
Vegetarian -Use crumbled Paneer for this recipe if eggs are not a part of your diet.
Beans-Use soaked, sprouted and boiled matki(moth ) beans for this recipe.
Anda Ghotala (Egg Bhurji in Makhani Gravy)
- 1 cup chopped onion 2 medium-sized onions
- 1 cup chopped capsicum. 1 large capsicum
- 1 cups tomato puree bottled
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder mild variety or to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons Pav Bhaji Masala or 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 10 Eggs 6 boiled,4 raws
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons of butter or more
- 2 teaspoons of garlic paste
- 1 teaspoons of pav bhaji masala or ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Pav/bread /chapati optional
- Extra chopped onions
- Grated cheese or paneer
- Extra butter
- Chopped coriander
- Boil 6 eggs. Chop finely ones done.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add onion and capsicum. Add 2 teaspoon garlic paste.
- Allow it to cook. Add salt, Pav bhaji masala and chilli powder. Cook briefly.
- Add tomato puree. Once cooked drop 4 eggs. Cook till the eggs are cooked.
- Add the boiled eggs Add coriander and mix well.
- To make the makhani sauce, in another pan take 2 teaspoons of butter, garlic paste, pav bhaji masala, chilli powder(as per taste) and tomato puree.
- Cook well to make a sauce. Add a cup of water and mix well.
- Top the prepared egg mixture with the makhani sauce and mix well.
- Serve topped with chopped coriander and more butter, grated cheese.
- Best eaten warm with Bread/pav/chapati.