Oh my goodness, yes! In just 15 minutes, you can make this decadent-yet-good-for-you chocolate oatmeal.
It’s like dessert for breakfast!
This is when I want to eat dessert but I actually need to eat something that’s not 50,000 calories, which is my whole life calorie count!!
I don’t let chance dictate whether my day gets off to a good start. I’d rather make sure it’ll be a good day…
By consuming chocolate first thing!
This Chocolate oatmeal is the thing you need. Cocoa powder and bananas make this rich and chocolatey without tons of sugar. A dash of cinnamon warms up the flavour making it so wholesome and filling. And of course the chocolate chips?
It’s a dessert lover’s dream.
Often, chocolate oatmeal means mixing a spoonful of chocolate peanut butter into my morning oatmeal or cutting a big chunk off a 100% chocolate bar to eat on the side of whatever oatmeal breakfast one might be having.
But these are a serious chocolate fix and so wholesome to keep you smiling all morning.
It’s not possible to eat chocolate and frown at the same time. Really, it’s not. Try it!
Am I wrong? Can you do it?
Well, then at least I got you to eat some chocolate!
- Ready in 15 minutes
- And so Chocolatey
- Make-ahead/Meal prep
I don’t let chance dictate whether my day gets off to a good start. I’d rather make sure it’ll be a good day… by consuming chocolate first thing. Chocolate oatmeal with a serious chocolate fix. Hot Chocolate Oatmeal
- 2 cups plain almond milk
- 2 cups of water
- 2 large bananas diced
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups plain rolled oats (jumbo preferred)
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon any nut butter
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts (toasted preferred)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon and chopped chocolate
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the almond, water, bananas, vanilla, and salt to a boil, mashing it lightly with whisk till the banana is well combined.
- Stir in the oats and cocoa powder,
- Reduce the heat to medium .cook, stirring often, until the oats are desired texture-about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve topped with nut butter, walnuts, chopped chocolate, and cinnamon sprinkled over the top.
- Top it with a choice of berries.
- This is fantastic meal prep and the oatmeal tastes greatly refrigerated for 2-3 days.
- To increase the shelf life, omit bananas and make the oatmeal without them. Then top it with bananas coins before serving to enjoy the fresh taste of bananas.