I just made a discovery today. Coconut milk with chocolate when heated together tastes amazing along with vanilla and espresso. It makes the most dreamy and creamy pudding you could have ever tasted. This rich, decadent chocolate pudding is prepared with coconut milk instead of dairy (or you could use dairy) and because it is thickened with cornstarch instead of egg yolks, it’s totally vegan, too!
This healthy chocolate pudding can be:
Feel free to test out with different milks in this recipe to find your favorite taste and texture. If you use canned coconut milk, it is super thick and velvety like chocolate mousse. Also I love making the pudding with almond milk or cashew milk.
You can also change up the flavor if you wish, by adding a few drops of pure peppermint extract,orange zest or even coconut extract along with the vanilla.
Garnish your puddings with dark chocolate shavings and shredded coconut, or layer your puddings with sliced strawberries or cherries or other fruits for elegant parfaits!
For those of you looking for a 100% gluten-free and soy-free pudding, just be sure to check the ingredients of your dairy-free chocolate chips to make sure that there is no wheat gluten or soy-based ingredients included.
These are the silkiest pudding made with simple ingredients that will have you satisfied after a few scoops. It was so rich, creamy and ‘chocolatey’ and I couldn’t finish even one serving.( I got greedy and took a large serving for myself)
Perfect as a make-ahead dessert for a group of adults or as an afternoon treat for young kids. This Chocolate Coconut Pudding is as indulgent as a summer dessert could be minus all those calories
Coconut Chocolate Pudding
Perfect as a make-ahead dessert for a group of adults or as an afternoon treat for young kids. This Chocolate Coconut Pudding is as indulgent as a summer dessert could be.
- 400 ml organic coconut milk (full fat)
- 50 g cooking chocolate (chopped (70%cocoa solids))
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown/coconut sugar
- Cherries to decorate
- Shake the coconut milk can as the water in the can, can settle.
- Boil half the milk and add salt and sugar and whisk well. Keep the heat to a low and do not allow the milk to boil.
- Whisk another half of the milk, cornflour, cocoa powder, and espresso separately.
- Take the milk mixture off the heat and add cornflour, cocoa, milk mixture to it.
- Whisk the milk continuously so that the mixture has no lumps. Put it on heat again and heat lightly.
- Remove from heat and add the finely chopped chocolate and vanilla.
- Pour in 4 ramekins and top with fruits and coconut whipped cream. Chill in the refrigerator.
- It takes 4-5 hours for the pudding to set.
- Add fruits of your choice
- Add flavour of your choice like coffee espresso, vanilla, orange and cinnamon in the pudding mixture before setting.
- Use full-fat milk of your choice.
- Increase chocolate to 150 grams if you want the dessert only for adults.