This creamy Thai pesto rice noodles is a delicious comfort food at it’s best. This dish is made with soft, chewy rice noodles, creamy thick coconut milk, and fragrant Thai basil pesto and a whole lot of vegetables. It’s the perfect Vegan Thai Lunch. I got you tempted, right. Let’s cook !!
Ahhh yes! These Coconut Pesto Noodles… made into a stir fry bowl! It’s better for you to have one pan pesto dish. And quite pleasing to the palate, that I promise.
But ya, I know what you’re thinking, another pesto recipe? Let’s just call it a saucy, concoction that’s immensely flavorful and packed with nutrition and flavour, mmm Ok?
Back to the recipe… this Asian pesto is made with Thai basil, so it’s just another way to try something new, a fun way to venture beyond the Italian variety. And it all comes together in a dairy free, superfood packed pesto.
SO delicious, SO versatile, you can’t stop me from loving this stuff! It can be served hot, cold, on rice noodles, zoodles, on gluten-free bread sandwich style, to flavor soups, stew, in stir-fries, I can keep going if you want, no?
And just to share all nutrition information with you, thai basil is
Boosts immunity and
Is loaded with antioxidants, a triple whammy!
And what better way to showcase an Asian pesto than on a coconut rice noodle bowl… or I mean stir fry bowl?
What’s in this coconut stir fry noodles lunch?
This coconut pesto stir fry noodle bowl calls for gluten-free rice noodles, protein-packed tofu, all smothered in this AMAZING, NUTRITIOUS, TASTY pesto! And ya, the loaded vegetables increase the nutrition power of this bowl, but you already know I’m gonna sneak some extra nutrition into my recipes! It’s just what I do, always!
Side note: Choose the choice of veggies. It’s all good!
This creamy Thai pesto rice noodle is delicious comfort food at its best. This dish is made with soft, chewy rice noodles, creamy thick coconut milk, and fragrant Thai basil pesto, and a whole lot of vegetables. It’s the perfect Vegan Thai Lunch. Let’s cook !!
Coconut Pesto Noodles
- 200 grams Rice noodle flat type
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 bird eye chilies chopped finely or to taste
- 1 cups bell peppers sliced mixed colours
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoon roasted peanuts)
- 250 grams firm tofu pan toasted
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce ( i prefer kikkoman with salt)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar or agave syrup
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup thai basil pesto with peanuts Or (½ cup chopped thai basil)
- 1/2 lime Juice
- In a glass bowl put the rice noodles and pour hot water.
- Cover and discard water when half did.(not fully cooked)
- Add peanut oil to the heated pan and add garlic, red chilies, and chopped onion.
- Cook for a while and add the sliced bell peppers.
- Add the chopped tofu (bitesize) and mix well. ( see notes to dry tofu)
- Add coconut milk and pesto and give it a stir.
- Or add chopped basil and peanut and stir,
- Add the semi-cooked noodles and coat them with coconut milk.
- Add brown sugar/agave syrup and soya sauce.
- Mix well to coat and check for doneness of the noodles.
- Top it with lime juice and serve warm.
- This recipe can be made grain-free by substituting it with only tofu and veggies as per choice.
- Use soba noodles instead of rice noodles.
- Sweet and salted peanut butter can be used instead of agave syrup
- Choice of veggie can be altered as per season, availability, and taste.
- Extra peanuts with coriander can be used to top the veggies.
- To dry the tofu, slice the tofu block horizontally from the center and place the block in a non-stick pan (with no oil) or a cast-iron skillet with little peanut oil. This process takes 30 minutes for the tofu to crisp up on low heat.