This Homemade Puffed Rice Cereal is a perfect way to start the morning,crunchy,munchy and so delicious.
Made Under 10 ingredients and most importantly every ingredient can be pronounced easily. You will find most of the ingredients in your pantry or customize them as per your liking or availability.
It’s complete peace of mind to know that every ingredient going into your family’s body is natural, healthy, and nourishing.
- No excess sugar,
- No unidentified nasties and
- So easy on the pocket.
Let’s make our morning a little extra good today.
What goes into the cereal?
Pops –Here amaranth pops are used which are easily available in stores but you can easily pop amaranth by popping these on the stovetop. Heat a tall pan, not too hot or not too cold and stir fry these to pop, just like popcorn without covering the lid. Shake and stir to allow all the seeds to pop.
Use Quinoa pops if amaranth is not available.
Cornflakes -Use store bought cornflakes, or make some at home by stir frying the raw cornflakes.
Puffed Rice-Puffed rice is easily available .Use brown or white puffed rice to your liking.
Hot or cold?
This cereal is great both as a cold cereal or a warm cereal.
Here’s how to enjoy it Cold:
Add your favorite homemade nut milk/yoghurt to a small bowl, top with your favorite fruits.
To enjoy it warm simply heat the milk on the stovetop just until it’s warmed through. The warm cereal will not be as crunchy and light as the cold cereal version, but still tastes great when you want something softer.
- Top with fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries
- Top with freshly sliced banana and a dollop of peanut butter/almond butter
- Serve with homemade almond milk or another nut milk you enjoy
- Pour on top of your favorite yogurt.
- Mix with dried fruit for a snack on the go, keep in a snack-size bag
- To sweeten add fruit or jam to taste
- Pour on top of your avocado strawberry smoothie bowl.
Homemade Rice Puffs Cereal Vegan
- grams amaranth pops
- 100 grams cornflakes store-bought or homemade
- 100 grams 4 cups puffed rice
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 grams chopped dried figs
- 50 grams cranberries
- Mix the amaranth pops, corn flakes, and puffed rice.
- Add honey, cinnamon, and vanilla
- Bake for 15 minutes for 160 degrees.
- Add figs and cranberries.
- Cool and store.
- Serve with vegan yogurt, extra honey, and berries of your choice.