Easy homemade Mango Yogurt Popsicles with fresh mangoes and Greek yogurt are a great summertime treat! Naturally sweetened and just 5 healthy ingredients!
So it’s mid-June and you’re already ready to beat the heat? I’ve got your answer!
It gets some natural sweetness and some wholesome protein, all disguised in a popsicle 🙂
Or a smoothie. Because, to be honest, sometimes when I make these for the kids, I have my portion immediately. Pre-freezing. Straight from the blender.
It’s hard to resist!
Why do I Love these popsicles…?
- Healthy Treat: Made using real food ingredients and naturally sweetened.
- Easy: Quick and easy to make.
- Delicious: These popsicles are so good – both kids and adults love them!
- Refreshing: Perfect frozen treat for hot summer days or anytime you need a little refreshment or some tropical vibes!
- Since this mango popsicle recipe is almost entirely mango, the flavor and texture of the mango you put in are very important! If your mango is bland, overly sour, or too stringy, this will result in a not-so-great popsicle, unfortunately. So, ideally, you will be able to use perfectly ripe, sweet, and flavorful mango for your popsicles!
- When choosing a mango, look for heavy mangoes with smooth, mostly unblemished skin. They are ripe when the flesh gives slightly with gentle pressure. This is a similar sensation to testing when an avocado is ripe. If your mangoes aren’t ripe quite yet, just leave them out on the counter for a few days.
- My number one tip for choosing mangoes is to simply buy more than you think you need!. So, grab some extras at the store, and if you get a dud mango, you can swap it out for a more flavorful one. (Throw that less sweet mango in a banana smoothie!)
Could i Use Frozen Mango
Yes, you can! Just let it thaw in the fridge before using it so you can blend it up easily. If the thawed mango has accumulated a lot of excess moisture, drain it off before blending.
Mango Yogurt Popsicles
- 1 cup thick/greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mango puree from 1 mango
- ½ cup chopped mango optional
- 4 teaspoon clear honey or to taste
- 1 teaspoon rose water optional
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder optional
- Strain 11/2 cups of thick yogurt to get a cup of yogurt.
- Mix mango puree.( you will need 1 big mango)
- Add mango pieces
- Add honey and flavouring if you desire.
- Freeze in mould overnight
- Unmould by dipping the mould in lukewarm water or holding the mould with your hands for a couple of minutes.