It’s a Sunday and we need to bake. This ‘Ragi (Finger Millet) Almond Banana cake’ is the best way to use up the ever browning bananas. So delicious and so soft. I could only ask for a cup of coffee and the weekly magazine as I polish this off slice after slice, and not feel guilty at all…
Ragi is high in fibre and a great source of protein and calcium.
Almonds besides being so delicious is a rich source of protein, calcium, vitamin E, riboflavin and niacin are higher in fiber than other grains,
I absolutely go bananas over bananas as
- they are so deliciously moist,
- keeps me full,
- it’s sweet and
- easily available.
Imagine a cake with so much goodness and yet so easy to make.
Let me show you how!
Almond banana Tea bread
- 2 organic eggs or use 2 tablespoons of flax seeds mixed in water or use ½ cup of thick yogurt
- 2 large brown banana yields 1 1/2 cup
- ⅓ cup milk of your choice I used Almond
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup brown sugar add more if the bananas are not so brown
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 11/2 cup oats powder gluten-free type
- ½ cup almond flour/meal
- ¼ cup ragi flour or plain flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 11/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon or mixed spices
- ¼ cup Raisin and chocolate chips to add the extra bite optional
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.Line a loaf tin/8’’ square tin with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients homogeneously. Break eggs, mash bananas, and mix all the wet ingredients. Fold in the dry ingredients. The batter will be quite liquidy. Add mix-ins like raisins, chocolate chips, walnuts of your choice.
- Top it with more raisins and chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 55 mins to one hour depending on your choice of the pan and your oven.
- Cool on the wire rack. Cut only after cooling for about 15 minutes, or they may crumble and fall apart.
- Top with chocolate sauce and more fresh bananas. Enjoy with your cup of coconut coffee.
- Sugar is considered a wet ingredient.
- Any favourite flour can be used instead of Finger Millet like Buckwheat, Oats flour, or even a combination. The results may vary though,