If you ask me what my favorite refreshing summer cocktail is, my answer would be a fresh watermelon mojito!
Sweet, juicy watermelon, tangy lime, and garden-fresh mint create the perfect blend for sipping in summers! Whether you are entertaining family and friends or just spending an afternoon outdoors, you can’t pass up a pitcher (or two) of these refreshing beverages!
How To Make A Watermelon Mojito?
Watermelon mojitos aren’t difficult, and they are definitely worth it. Start by pureeing the watermelon in a blender. If you aren’t a fan of pulp, strain the watermelon through a strainer to remove some of it. I love it, so I usually skip this step.
Then, place the fresh mint in the bottom of the pitcher. Add a little bit of the watermelon juice. Muddle the mint using a muddler, or the back of a wooden spoon if you don’t have one handy. This helps to release the mint flavour from the leaves, resulting in a fresher tasting watermelon mojito!
Add in the remaining watermelon juice, simple syrup, lime juice. Fill the pitcher with ice, and then top it with soda. I like my mojitos on the dryer side, so I add a little less simple syrup. If you like your drinks sweeter, add a little more! Pour the watermelon mojitos into a highball glass, and garnish with additional watermelon, lime, and mint
- 4 cups of watermelon slices deseeded
- ¼ cup simple syrup 2 tablespoons of honey and water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 250 ml carbonated water ginger ale, or sparkling water.
- Crushed Ice to serve
- Blend watermelon along with crushed ice, lemon juice, and some simple syrup and water
- In a watermelon, the shell empties the prepared drink. Add watermelon balls and crushed ice.
- Top it with carbonated water and serve immediately.