Summer Mango Chickpea Salad
Well, I hope I’ve convinced you to throw together a little or lotta into this Summer Chickpea and Mango Salad with Dijon Mustard Dressing! It’s really satisfying to eat and so, so delicious!There’s nothing quite like the pairing of cool sweet mango and chickpeas together. Throw in some chickpeas, minced red onion, and baby greens and you have a delicious protein-packed salad in no time.
- 4 cups of arugula leaves
- 2 cups boiled quinoa
- 1 can boiled chickpea water separated
- ½ cup chopped cucumber in squares
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped into cubes
- 2 mangoes chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves torn
- ⅓ cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- ¼ cup reduced balsamic glaze see notes
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
1 Mix all the ingredients in a screw-top jar, shake and keep aside. Allow the flavors to grow.
2.In a room bowl add arugula leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, and quinoa.
Cut mangoes in small squares and mix well.
Top it with seasoning and serve cold.
1.Reduced balsamic vinegar can be made by heating balsamic vinegar in 2 teaspoons of brown sugar at low heat.
2.Quinoa can be cooked and cooled and stays in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.